Marc Leepson On Discovery Channel Program : "Secret America" (Episode One)!!!

Discussion in 'Flag Books and Media' started by Robin Hickman, May 19, 2009.

1. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

GREETINGS !!!

I have read in several posts here on USA-Flag-Site that Marc Leepson is a member here. As far as I know, I've haven't yet read any of his posts. Heck! I don't even know what his "handle" is here!

There was a program called "Secret America" on the Discovery Channel last night. It was on at 11:00 PM (EDT/PDT), so I recorded it. I had no idea what it was about as our local paper here (Register-Guard) only gave the title of the program. I just finished watching it. :eek:

It turns out that "Secret America (Episode One)" was about the origins and some of the "hidden" meanings of some of the United States' symbols. I don't know how "old" the program is (my recording of it cut-off before the copywrite date was shown). I checked the Discovery Channel's website, Discovery.com. and this was all they had to say about it :

Secret America Episode 1 TV-PG, CC

They're the most iconic symbols of America, but lurking behind each one are conspiracy theories, myths, and lies.

There were segments about the Statue of Liberty, the White House, The platting of Washington D.C., The Great Seal, The U.S. Flag, etc.

Marc Leepson was the featured "expert" on the origins and background of the U.S. Flag. His interview was conducted on the Main Deck of the USS Barry (DD-933), a "Display Ship" moored at the Washington D.C. Navy Yard.

The segment on the U.S. Flag starts at about the 35:00 mark of the program, and lasts approximately 5-7 minutes.

I don't know if, or when, the program will air again on the Discovery Channel. I looked for future airings, but their schedule only went up to the 1st of June and I didn't see it listed again. I also checked to see if the were showing the video on their website, but no dice.

Then I checked HULU.com. HULU has a lot of Discovery Channel Programs & Clips, but "Secret America" was not, as yet, listed.

IF I remember, I'll check HULU.com again in a few days and see if they have anything showing for "Secret America".

Robin Hickman

2. mattsaccount

mattsaccount Member