my collection so far

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by NickD, Jan 20, 2011.

1. NickD

NickD Member

heres a few pics of my flag collection so far

Attached Files:

2. NickD

NickD Member

Attached Files:

3. NickD

NickD Member

Attached Files:

4. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

HiYa, NickD !!! :D

I've got TWO words for your Flag collection (So Far...) :

HOLY COW !!! :eek: :D :eek:

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA
  5. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

Thanks for the pics, NickD!

Does the flag in #524 have 45-stars?

Are you focusing on WW II militaria or flags, or both?

Nick A
  6. NickD

NickD Member

thanks robin :D
  7. NickD

NickD Member

hiya Nick

yeah the last flag is a 45 star version & from what ive been told about it,it has the "dancing star" pattern as the stars alternate between being the right way up to upside down :)

my collection is of both US militaria & US flags at this point :cool:
  8. wild-bill

wild-bill Member

Nice collection Nick. My favorite US flag is the 48 star.
  9. csaanv

csaanv Member

Nice collection NickD. I love your 45 star flag.
  10. NickD

NickD Member

thanks guys :cool:
  11. Hey

Im sorry ive not been on the forum in a while.. had a lot going on recently!!

But whats this?? I come back, and theres another collector of US flags from the UK!?!?!?!? :D SWEEET!!

I am also from the UK, as my name would suggest - Ive been collected US flags for 5 years, but I havent added any new ones in about a year, because I dunno what to do with all the flags I have now! I have over 100 of them!

I like the way you have displayed some of your flags with the collection of medals and army stuff - is that a permenant set up, or done just for the photo? what about those 2 flags hung on the wall next to eachother- they look cool :D

I wonder what area you are in in the UK?
    Im from Cumbria
  12. NickD

NickD Member

wow 100 flags & i thought having 15 was a lot :eek:

the displays i have are of a semi permanent set ups they some times get a bit of change round now & again.

im from Kent in the UK a little place called sittingbourne :)
  13. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

Excuse me, but isn't that what being a "collector" is all about?:D

Nick A
    Columbia Maryland USA
  14. csaanv

csaanv Member

Hey NickD and American Flag UK,
    Could either one of you recommend the best flagmaker in the UK for Union flags? I don't mind paying extra for a good quality flag.
    Mike in Virginia
  15. NickD

NickD Member

hiya mike its not something Ive really looked in to but a quick Google search gives quite a few quality flag makers in the UK but they don't give prices you have to contact them for quotes.

heres some UK flag makers:

Traditional flagmakers since 1872 providing experience, quality and service - The Flagmakers Group
    The Flag Workshop
    Flag manufacturers, national flags, international flags, custom made flags, flag makers, corporate flags, flag poles
    Traditional flagmakers since 1872 providing experience, quality and service

hope any of these are of help ?
  16. csaanv

csaanv Member

Hi Nick,
    Thanks! I have bought from Flagmakers before, actually they are consortium of flagmakers which Able is part of. I have also bought from J.W.Plant and Turtle & Pearce which are now part of the same Flagmakers group. I was just wondering if there was a standout flag company like we have here in the states like Aninn or Valley Forge. Thanks again!
  17. heres a list of british Flagmakers ..
    I like that one in the list - Up the pole LTD - hahaa!

British Flagmakers

Another shop that I cant see listed there is Mr flag UK United Kingdom Union Jack / Union Flag Buy Flag, Buy Flags, Custom flag, Bunting, Flag, Flags

Ive met Mr flag before in person, and they do sell very good flags.. I have one actually - but its the flag of the Flag Institute itself rather than a national flag

I spent a year as a member of the Flag Institute (the british equivelent to Nava) but I decided it wasn't right for me.. They meet up and talk about all kinds of weird and wonderful flags, where as I am more interested in learning A LOT about a few flags, rather than a little about a lot. They also weren't my age group or gender and I didn't fit in

Anyway.. bets of luck finding a nice flag Csaanv

Oh Nick, you live in Kent eh.. cant get much further away from me whilst staying in the same country then!
    Its nice to know im not the only Brit with more than 1 American flag displayed in their home!

NAVA nick, yes being a collector is all about collecting a specific thing or group of things.. its just that quite a few of my flags dont get out much, and its a shame cos they are so pretty, they should be looked at! I havent got too many that are real antiques that cant be displayed on the wall... the trouble is the walls run out before the flags do!
  18. csaanv

csaanv Member

Thanks Madam Moderator! I have bought from Mr. Flag on line. They make it very easy and dangerous!