Name fo location ofr flag pole display

Discussion in 'Flag Poles' started by miriam, Mar 19, 2014.

  1. miriam

    miriam New Member

    What is the proper name for the location of flags displayed on poles?
  2. NAVA1974

    NAVA1974 Active Member

    Do you mean "at the peak" for a flag flying at the top, and half-mast for a flag lowered in mourning?
  3. miriam

    miriam New Member

    No, I mean the area surrounding the display of flag poles? Is there a proper name for it ?
  4. Peter Ansoff

    Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

    Hi, Miriam, welcome to the forum!

    I've never heard of a general name for a place where flags are located. Some communities and parks have a "Flag Plaza," or something similar, but that's more of a designation for a specific location. Maybe we could come up with a general name -- a "Flaggery"??

    Best regards,

    Peter Ansoff

Share This Page