NBA Disrespectfully Displaying the American Flag

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by seauvan, Mar 11, 2011.

1. seauvan

seauvan New Member

Look at the backboards used in the NBA. They are displaying an American flag disrespectfully! The NBA logo appears with the American flag on the backboard which faces out to the court. The American flag and the NBA logo should have their positions reversed. With our service men and women dying in foreign lands, I find it horrifying that the NBA can't be bothered to display the flag properly. I have emailed the NBA, ESPN, NBC Sports and TNT with no satisfaction. This is absolutely disgraceful.

It's simple: NOTHING SHOULD APPEAR TO THE LEFT OF THE AMERICAN FLAG...PERIOD!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  2. I wouldn't get too worried about it if I was you... its not ACTUALLY a flag for one thing.. its a representation of it.
    Im sure no offense was intended.
    Look upon them as logos instead of flags. There are plenty of interpretations of the flag out there for use by all kinds of companies and people.
    While most people will try to reserve proper etiquette to the Flag, a logo or emblem is NOT actually a flag.
    Kinda like saying a nice juicy steak and a picture of a nice juicy steak is the same thing! I think not :D