New member. Need help with placement

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by Bpeak88, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Bpeak88

Bpeak88 New Member

Just bought my first home with my fiance. We want the US flag and a thin blue line flag on our house. I don't know where to put them lol. I know looking at the house the US flag has to be to the left. Any ideas? Your opinions? Siding where the door is at the rest is old block if that makes a difference. Flag poles are same size. Flags are same size. Any idea on lighting would be great too.

2. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hello, Bpeak88!

Happy Flag Day!

Placing the two brackets, poles, and Flags to the outside edges of the two windows that are flanking your front door might be a good solution. Putting them close-in on either side of the door might interfere with people using the door. But then, almost any place where you can place the two brackets, poles, and Flags side by side, with a little separation, would probably work OK, too. I wrote those sentences assuming that your were referring to "house" type poles that are 5'-7' in length and mounted on the side of a house or porch. If you'll be using 16'-25' vertical (free-standing) flagpoles, then perhaps placing them a few feet on either side of the front walkway might work best. Ultimately, your decision just might come down to what YOU think looks the best!

Lighting the Flags properly might be "problematic". Your two choices would be placing the Flags where their "dedicated" lights could be conveniently "hard wired", or going with some kind of "solar powered" overnight light arrangement. The light sources could be placed over the Flags, to the side, or even underneath to "up light" the Flags. Your choice. BTW: Solar-powered lights work best on the "South" side of a building where they can gather the most amount of solar radiation throughout the entire day. Also, double-check the re-chargeable batteries that come with the light. The more "Milli-Amp Hours" (Usually listed as: mAh) that the batteries have listed, the longer they will power your solar light throughout the night.

These are just my opinions, of course. You have a much better idea as the how your house and property are laid out, AND (more importantly!) what your budget is!

Hopefully, there will be some more opinions offered here for your consideration.

Good Luck with your impending marriage, your new house, and your Flag Project!

Please keep us posted on your progress! Did I mention that we LOVE pictures of Flags ?!?!?!

Robin Hickman
    "Your Friendly Neighborhood Flag Man"
    Eugene, Oregon, USA.