Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by mdillard, Dec 31, 2012.

1. mdillard

mdillard New Member

Hello flag fans. I found a Blood Chit, numbered 4120. The flag has 48 stars. I tried to add a picture, it said the picture was too big. I will try to make it smaller or post it on facebook under Melissa Dillard, in Paragould AR. In file labeled Blood Chit. I was wanting to know which war it was used in, and hopefully the person it belonged to. I was told to come here and ask because there are some smart people here, who know all about these things. So good luck to me and you. Thanks, Melissa Dillard

2. coasterville

coasterville Member

3. mdillard

mdillard New Member

The one I have has five languages. None I can read. If you are a senior member here, why wouldn't you know what a "Blood" chit is? No disrespect intended.

4. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

Hello Mdillard,

If you are an expert in militaria, yours is a fair question. However, one can be an expert on a subject without being knowledgeable about all aspects of a subject. And the subject of the American Flag is a very broad one indeed. It is also fair to note that Blood Chits are not flags. A blood chit is a piece of military equipment that uses a flag as just one means of communication.

I am a vexillologist, but that does not mean that I am also a philatelist just because some postage stamps show flags.

Nick A
    Columbia MD

5. mdillard

mdillard New Member

Gotcha. Military equipment, that makes sense. I had never heard of the military equipment until I found this one in a box of stuff at an auction. Kinda sad someone's stuff ended up in an auction. I would like to find out who it belonged to, and I have had no luck. I have been googling for days.

6. coasterville

coasterville Member

Right, the honorary titles don't mean anything about a persons knowledge level. All it signifies is post count, or the willingness to participate in the conversation.

I don't know much about militaria, but I like to collect flags of all descriptions and have a pretty nice collection that you can see at the link below, and be forewarned that tr link doesn't show you everything I have, but I'm working on that.

Incidentally, I do have some militaria in the form of G-spec flags and a couple signal corps flag kits. You can see how they are related. A blood chit is more of a distress aid that just happens to have a picture of the flag on it.

7. mdillard

mdillard New Member

I didn't see a link for your pictures. Thanks for info on the senior thing. Hope I did't make the other person mad, my daughter had to tell me, that was not sent to me personally, it was sent to others who might not know what I was talking about. I dont chat so I assumed.....

8. coasterville

coasterville Member

Oh, the link in my signature isn't in HTML, I think there is a setting against that.

Try this
    Http://www.coasterville.com/flags.html

Note it is undergoing a rework of sorts and isn't entirely up to date.