Obama Flag Banner

Discussion in 'Other US Flag Etiquette' started by NAVA1974, Sep 1, 2009.

1. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

I would like to hear the thoughts of Forum members on whether this item violates the United States Flag Code provision 176 (g) "The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature." Obama.jpg

Nick

2. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

QUOTE : "I would like to hear the thoughts of Forum members on whether this item violates the United States Flag Code provision 176 (g)"

I'm sorry, Nick, but you won't be able to HEAR my thoughts on whether the item pictured violates the Flag Code. :eek:

However, since I'm going to write them down here, you should be able to read them. :D

IF... it is a three dimensional Flag (as in a REAL Flag) then, YES, I believe that it DOES violate the Flag Code, AND it does so BLATANTLY.

IF... it is just a "picture" (as in a two dimensional representation) then, NO, I don't believe it violates the Flag Code, BUT, it is in extrememly poor taste.

While I may be a "fan" of President Barack Obama, that doesn't change things. :cool:

Robin :D