old 48 star marking?

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by killen1940, Jun 4, 2014.

1. killen1940

killen1940 New Member

Can anyone identify this marking on my old 48 star flag? It is 93" x 64" with embroidered stars. The flag is quite faded and believe it is an old one. The lines above the 30 appear to be glue where a label was attached. There are fragments of paper in the lines. There are two brass grommets. There are no other markings on the flag. Thanks for any help.
    IMG_3451 (320x240) (300x225).jpg

2. csaanv

csaanv Member

Is it possible to get a photo of the canton so we can see the star arrangement? That might give us a clue to is's age. The 48 star flag had two different star patterns.

3. killen1940

killen1940 New Member

I will get a photo of the canton and put it on this site.

4. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

QUOTE : "The 48 star flag had two different star patterns"?

TWO ??? :confused::confused:

The familiar 6x8 Star "in-line" rectangular pattern and the "off-set" 6x8 Star pattern (similar to our current 50-Star flag)? :confused:

Just Wondering..... :cool:

Robin Hickman
    ("Your Friendly Neighborhood Flag Man")
    Eugene, Oregon, USA.

5. killen1940

killen1940 New Member

I have tried and am not able to get a photo on this site. The 48 stars are the 6 x 8 design in a rectangle.

Thanks

6. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

There is a "sticky" thread at the top of this sub-forum entitled "How to include a photo in your posts". I don't know if it still works with this newer version of software or not. What I do remember is that the file size of each photo cannot exceed 90 KB in size and there is a limit of 4 or 5 pics per post. I posted some pics on site last week or so and I used the "Insert Image" icon in the "header" of the "reply" page.

LINK To "How to include a photo in your posts" : http://www.usa-flag-site.org/forum/how-to-include-photo-your-posts-2820.html

Hope that helps!!!

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA.