Old flag collection

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Flag Discussion' started by samg566, Mar 8, 2009.

1. samg566

samg566 New Member

Hi my name is Sam and like most newbies I have a question. My mom just gave a mini flag collection. They seem to be a series that she remembers her dad collection over a period of time. They are from many nations, including the American(48) and some of Indian chiefs heads. The cloth is felt. Some of the nations don't exist anymore and some are spelled different. Most are 5 1/4" x 8 1/4" or 8" x 10". A few as large as 12" x 17" like the American flag below. My wife and I have never seen anything like these and were wondering decided to do some research and find out who made them and if they are collectable. We love stuff like this and display in our home. Thanks for any help you might be able to give, Sam

2. samg566

samg566 New Member

Sorry, must have done something wrong on the pictures. I don't seem to be able to make a JPG file small enough even on my lowest setting on our old camera. Sorry, Sam

3. fast1

fast1 Member

yup but photobucket is really slow, any other place?[​IMG]

4. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

Hi, Do you mean Cigar Box Felts like the one for sale at the link below? They were given away as premiums by cigar manufacturers.They are worth between 50 cents to 10 dollars each, depending on how many you have, the condition, size, etc.

Cigar Box Premium-Felt Flag-Spain (Cigar Collectibles) at Oldies But Still Goodies