Parade ettiquette in forign country.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Flag Discussion' started by Dustoff159, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Dustoff159

Dustoff159 Guest

I need an answer by this weekend so I am cross posting in two of your forums.

I am a US Vietnam veteran. I am living in Canada with my Canadian wife so she can be near her kids and grandkids. This weekend November 11, 2006 I will be marching in Nanaimo, BCs Remembrance Day Parade Carrying the official US flag for the parade. I am familiar with US etiquette and have been reading etiquette for US flag in a foreign country. One question is still unanswered.

Is it appropriate in a remembrance Ceremony to Lower the flag half way similar to half staff on a pole but with the flag staff lowered but not touching the ground as a salute to fallen veterans of past wars at a memorial site where wreaths are being placed as an acknowledgement of their sacrifice even though they were allies and not US veterans. It is my feeling that all fallen veterans who fought for freedom regardless of country or nationality should get the same respect. I have seen this done in the US but have not found an official etiquette for it.

Any one who can supply the official etiquette and supply the source for me will be greatly appreciated. I believe when doing something like this it needs to be done correctly.