Photos of Antique / Vintage American Flags

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by NAVA1974, Jul 19, 2009.

1. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

I have added photos of vintage American flags of 13 stars (Civil War to early 20th C examples), 34 stars (Civil War naval ensign), and 37 stars (resist-dyed on wool bunting) to my Flickr photostream. Go to www.flickr.com and search for my photostream, nicka21045

Comments and questions welcome.

Regards,
    Nick

2. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

3. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

Robin,
    That's the one. I added the top six photos this weekend.
    Was it difficult to find with the info I provided? Since I am signed in to my flickr account when I am using it, I didn't know if Forum members could see the pictures if I just posted the URL.
    Nick

4. Robin Hickman

Hi, Nick ! :D

QUOTE : "Was it difficult to find with the info I provided? Since I am signed in to my flickr account when I am using it, I didn't know if Forum members could see the pictures if I just posted the URL."

No, it wasn't all that difficult. The MAIN problem was (is) that the "link" you provided in your posting was/is "dead". :eek:

I went to Flickr.com and entered "nicka21045" into the search box provided. Unfortunately there were "0 Returns". That's when I noticed that I had NOT checked the "people" search option (oops!). Once I did that, it found your photo stream with no further "operator error" problems !!! :D

I put the link to your photo stream in my reply because of the "dead" link in your original post.

BTW : Don't let "American_Flag_UK" see your "Uncle Sam" outfit !!! :eek:

Robin

5. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

Robin,
    That "link" to flikr.com was dead because I killed it.:cool:

Since I didn't know if the URL I use to see my photos would work if Forum members tried to click on it, I just provided the URL for you to cut-and-paste.

Nick

6. Robin Hickman

QUOTE : "Since I didn't know if the URL I use to see my photos would work if Forum members tried to click on it, I just provided the URL for you to cut-and-paste."

Gee, Nick! You are SO thoughtful !!! :D

Robin

7. Too LATE Robin!! I already just saw it!!

OMG I have to say, that is a wonderful outfit!! I want it!! totally!!!
    I have several patriotic outfits that i wear on a daily basis - (mostly statue of liberty costume)

Nice find!!