Please inform

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Flag Discussion' started by jaebell, Mar 13, 2008.

1. jaebell

jaebell New Member

:eek: Hello everyone, my name is Jennifer and my daughter came home from school yesterday with a distressing mesaage. Her religion tacaher informed her class that it was decided by the U.S. Military that it is ACCEPTABLE for the flag to be displayed upside down by military personnel if they are against the war. This includes army,navy etc. of course I think the teacher is full of S*#T. Has anyone heard this ?????????? :confused:

Thanks

2. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Hi, Jennifer!

Her religion tacaher informed her class that it was decided by the U.S. Military that it is ACCEPTABLE for the flag to be displayed upside down by military personnel if they are against the war.

I'd say that either your daughter misunderstood the teacher, or the teacher is confused. The key phrase may be "by military personnel." The teacher may have been trying to make the point that it is not illegal to fly the flag upside down -- in that sense it is "acceptable." However, it's beyond belief that the military would condone such a practice among its own personnel.

Peter Ansoff