Proper display of the us flag

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by EmailPoster, Jun 6, 2006.

1. EmailPoster

EmailPoster New Member

Could you folks tell me if the attached photo if displaying the us flag...

2. jproffitt10

jproffitt10 Guest

Tom,

Sorry but we're experiencing computer difficulties here! Please send the photo you mention to my email at jproffitt@zoomtown.com and place the photo as an attachment and I will get back to you right away. Thanks.

James

3. maureenmmorrow28

maureenmmorrow28 New Member

My question is why in a court room local to me, does a traffic court have an American Flag with gold fringe all around the flag? I have been an American for 29 years now, and I understand that our American Flag is red white and blue.Also, this very same court room has the American Flag hanging at night with no lights? Unfortunately, the very same system that was put in place to preserve our GOD given rights has failed me. The truth of the matter is Guilty until proven INNOCENT. So why would they be hanging a Flag with gold fringe?

4. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

Hello maureenmmorrow28: The fringe on the US flag has no meaning whatsoever. It is purely decorative, like the fringe on window curtains. It is common to use fringe on indoor flags because they look nicer - that is all. The US flag is the US flag whether it has fringe or not, and there is absolutely no difference in the meaning of the flag, nor in the significance of the venue if the flag is fringed. Outdoor flags do not have fringe because the wind would whip it off and/or tear the flag in short order. Some have argued falsely that the fringe implies Martial Law. This is baloney. And lighting the flag at night only refers to outdoor displays where the flag can be raised and lowered. The flag cannot be lowered when it is mounted on an 8-foot tall staff in a courtroom.

5. smittydidit

smittydidit New Member

how are american flags displayed in court

6. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hello, smittydidit ! :D

Welcome to the USA-Flag-Site Forums !

QUOTE : "how are american flags displayed in court"

Usually mounted on an eight, nine, or ten foot flagpole, at the front of the courtroom, to the left (as viewed from the back of the room) of the "Bench", where the court's judge sits. If it's a State, County, or City court, then the "other" flags (if any) would be to the right (as we would view it) of the Judge's Bench.

Thank You for bringing your Flag-related question to our Forums !!!

Robin Hickman