Question about flag I saw (US blue and white)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Flag Discussion' started by Zenia5555, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Zenia5555

Zenia5555 New Member

Maybe someone here can help me with a question I have. This is my first time posting.

There is a family in the neighborhood that has a blue and white American flag mounted on their home and the father of this family is a policeman. It is not one of those black and white blue line fallen policeman honor flags. I know what those look like.

It's just a normal American flag but the stripes are blue and white (no red stripes). I tried a Google search and could not find an image of it. Thank you for reading this.

2. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Hello, Zenia, welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure what that flag is; however, it may be part of a recent trend. Over the last couple of years, I've noticed many US-style flags inthe colors of particular sports teams. Some have stars in the canton; others have team logos or a combination of the two. The first one I recall seeing was a green, gold and black version for the New Orleans Saints football team. Is there a local team in your region whose colors are blue and white?

3. Zenia5555

Zenia5555 New Member

I guess I'm color blind. I drove by it again the other day and took a close look and it was black and white stripes with the blue stripe in the middle. So now I know it actually is the flag to honor the police who were killed on duty. Sorry about that and thanks for responding.

4. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hello, Zenia5555 !

Thank You for taking the time and making the effort to come back here and sharing with us the "Rest Of The Story"!

You would NOT believe how many "One Hit Wonders" have asked one or more questions in a posting and then, after having one or more answers posted, NEVER return again!!!

Robin Hickman
    "Your Friendly Neighborhood Flag Man"
    Eugene, Oregon, USA.