Rectangular lapel pin

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Flag Discussion' started by martinridge, May 24, 2009.

1. martinridge

martinridge New Member

Where can I buy a us flag lapel pin like President Obama wears--rectangular?

2. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hello, MartinRidge !

Welcome to the USA-Flag-Site forums ! :D

I suppose I could sell you one, but it would cost you an arm and a leg and take forever to show up in your mailbox !!! :eek:

Since that way would cost w-a-y too much and take w-a-y too long... I'll just give you my BEST advice, which is both FAST & CHEAP !!!

"GOOGLE" It !

I Googled "FLAG Lapel Pin" (using the quotation marks), then clicked on the "Shopping Results" page.

Here's what I found :

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=100&lr=lang_en&as_filetype=&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=off&q=%22FLAG+Lapel+Pin%22&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=7HIZSr-HL5K6tAOqycySDw&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

Whichever FLAG Lapel Pin you choose to buy, here are some suggestions from ME to YOU :

#1 Buy the highest QUALITY that you can afford. I said the highest QUALITY, not the highest priced. You want to get a FLAG Lapel Pin that is BOTH a piece of fine jewelry and a work of art.

#2 Buy at least TWO of them. When you lose the first one, you will be glad you did.

#3 However many, of whichever kind, of FLAG Lapel Pin that you decide to buy, get the BEST damn pin backs they have to go with them. The pin back is what holds, or clamps onto the "pin" in back of the lapel pin. Most of the pins "out there" come with the standard (cheap) "clutch back" (also known as a "butterfly" back), which don't last very long. So, get the best (most secure) pin back to go with the best FLAG Lapel Pin. [ NOTE : If, for whatever reason, you decide to go with the standard "clutch" style pin back to hold your FLAG Lapel Pin, in less than a month you will be very, VERY, glad that you followed my #2 suggestion (above) !!! ] :eek:

#4 Check to see if the merchant has a "volume" or "multiple items" discount. IF they do, AND you can afford it, buy as many as you can. WHY? Because when your Family, Friends, and Co-Workers see you wearing a high-quality, good-looking, and Patriotic Work Of Art FLAG Lapel Pin, they are going to want to know where you got it, how much it costs, and more importantly... Drumroll, Please... they are going to ask you, "Do you have any more of those really GREAT FLAG Lapel Pins?" :D

You probably already know this, but it bears repeating (so I will) : when you wear an American Flag Lapel Pin on your lapel, it goes on your LEFT lapel (over your heart).

Thank You for bringing your Flag-related question to our forums !

Happy FLAG Lapel Pin Shopping & Buying !!!

Robin "A FLAG Lapel Pin Is Only As Secure As The Pinback Holding It!" Hickman

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  3. Garand107

Garand107 New Member

I have not found one yet either. I may send an email directly to the "source" and see what response I get.

Thanks!

Jim