Rodeo Fair/Parade/Rodeo Flag Presentation

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Flag Discussion' started by Veda McNeely, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Veda McNeely

Veda McNeely New Member

Need all the official info on this.... When a County Fair Queen/Princess do the Flag Presentation or Grand Entry, parade....and all of that....
    We have received too many different 'opinions' as to State Flag and USA Flag presentation.
    We are very conscientious of doing things right. We are patriots..... the 'worms' are coming out of the woodwork.....please help us to do things perfectly right....

2. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Hello, Veda -- welcome to the forum!

Need all the official info on this.... When a County Fair Queen/Princess do the Flag Presentation or Grand Entry, parade....and all of that....We have received too many different 'opinions' as to State Flag and USA Flag presentation.

I'm afraid that I'm not exactly sure what your question is. The US flag takes precedence over state flags, which means that it comes first in a line of march and is displayed to its own right of other flags. However, it sounds like that's not the real issue. Could you tell us a little more about your event, and what questions you're trying to resolve?

Best regards,

Peter Ansoff

3. Veda McNeely

Veda McNeely New Member

We were told by one rodeo official that they carry in the state flag first by the Princess and let her make one circle and stand in place. Then the US flag is brought in by the Queen and she makes as many circles as the music takes and then come to stand beside the Princess, thus giving more honor to the US flag.
    Another official from another rodeo said just the opposite. We want to do it right by anyone's book and need the official word so we can have it in writing for anyone that doesn't agree.
    Thank you.

4. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Hi, Veda,

We were told by one rodeo official that they carry in the state flag first by the Princess and let her make one circle and stand in place. Then the US flag is brought in by the Queen and she makes as many circles as the music takes and then come to stand beside the Princess, thus giving more honor to the US flag.
    Another official from another rodeo said just the opposite.

Unfortunately, the civilian "flag code" doesn't really address this issue one way or the other. In military ceremonies, the US and subordinate flags are normally brought in together. If the flags are carried side by side, the US flag goes on its own right; if they are one behind the other, the US flag comes first. That's how I'd do it if it were up to me.

Peter Ansoff

5. Veda McNeely

Veda McNeely New Member

Thank you....this is what we have been told also. There was one very irrate complaint lodged and we wanted to be able to address this individual if it should happen to arise again. At least we can have an explanation for the fair board at the next meeting if it should come up.