some old flag's i have

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Flag Discussion' started by jamie sizemore, Sep 12, 2009.

1. jamie sizemore

jamie sizemore New Member

hello i have two old flag's one is a 48 star flag and the other is a 49 str flag. we have had them for about 8 years and were wondering if anyone had any info on them or how much they may be worth. someone once told me that the 49 star is worth alot, but really not sure... thank you..

2. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hello, Jamie Sizemore ! :D

Welcome to the USA-Flag-Site Forums !

A better location to ask your questions (and get answers!) about your "old" flags would be in our "Flag Identification & Collecting" Forum, which can be found HERE : Flag Identification and Collecting - American Flags Forum

BUT..... Since you're already here (at least for now...) in the "Miscellaneous Flag Discussion" Forum, lets see if we can, at least, give you something to start out with!

Our experts here are going to want to know a few things about your Flags before they "weigh in" with their opinions and advice. Here are some "starter" ideas for the type of info we'll need for EACH Flag!

#1. How big is the Flag?
    #2. What material is the Flag made of?
    #3. Is it "Printed/Dyed" Flag (one piece), or is it "sewn & embroidered"?
    #4. What kind of Stars are on the Flag and how are they attached?
    #5. What are all of the "identifying marks" and where are they located?
    #6. Do you know anything about the Flag's "history"?
    #7. Can you provide any photographs of the Flag?

The MORE information you can provide about your Flag the more likely it will be that one or more of us will be able to help you out (and faster too!).

You can also use the information that you've gathered for each of your flags to do a search on eBay to see what SIMILAR flags are "going for". Some of the eBay search terms might include, "vintage flag", "antique flag", "48 stars", "49 stars", etc.

I hope this helps!

Thank You for bringing your Flag-related question to our Forums !

Robin Hickman