The Forum on September 11

Discussion in 'Forum News and Announcements' started by Peter Ansoff, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Dear Forum Members,

Down on the lower left of the main Forum screen, you may have noticed a "most users online" tally. Currrently it states that the most users ever online at one time was 248, on September 11, 2009 at 9:18 AM. Interestingly, this has been a pattern ever since I've been on the Forum: We always set a participation record around mid-morning on September 11. I don't know the reason for this, but it's not hard to guess -- many Americans are thinking about what happended at that time on that date in 2001, and looking in on a forum about the American flag is a somewhat natural thing to do.

Let's see if we can do it again this year. If you're near a computer this coming Saturday around 0900 (Central Daylight Time), log in for a few minutes. Let's remember the day by setting another record.

Peter Ansoff
    Forum Admin

2. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

SORRY, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. I'll be busy posting almost 100 full-sized American Flags on their poles (at Half-Staff) all over Springfield, Oregon from about 6:30 to 9:00 AM (PDT).

Then I'll be busy striking all of those same Flags from about 4:30 to 7:30 or 8:00 PM (PDT). Which will be right about the time when the Oregon Ducks will be visiting the Tennessee Volunteers to play a football game.

Robin Hickman
    Eugene-Springfield, Oregon, USA

3. Greengo

Greengo Member

Good morning Peter, I will stick around for a little bit. I must get my flag out also.

Greengo

4. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Hi, Greengo and all!

No record yet -- so far the peak was 132 at just beforre 10 EDT, which is far short of the 248 last year. We'll see . . .

Looking at the activity of the guest viewers, I noticed that the majority are (not surprisingly) viewing the section on half-staffing.

Peter A.

5. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

I'm HERE !!!

September11th2010-03-B.JPG

September11th2010-06-B.JPG

Robin "I Have NOT Forgotten" Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA