The most mathematical flag

Discussion in 'Other Flags' started by jasymia, Jun 11, 2018.

1. jasymia

jasymia New Member

So I came across this video recently and it really intrigued me it really opens the meaning of what is a 'flag'

youtube.com/watch?v=f2Gne3UHKHs

If I were to create a mathematical flag, I would make it circular and lay out my design using chord properties
    studypug.com/geometry-help/chord-properties
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chord_(geometry)

How about you guys?

2. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

But how would you fly a circular flag?

3. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

…..
    From a "circular" flagpole (in the middle of a "roundabout") connected to the halyard with two long "connector" ropes/rods (top & bottom edges of round Flag) and with one super-short connector at the Flag's "hoist" edge. Picture the flagpole on the left-side with the circular Flag on its right. The two "long" connectors would be at the "12 o'clock" & "6 o'clock" positions, and the "super-short" connector would be at the "9 o'clock" position. Now... if only the wind would cooperated and blow strongly enough, from left-to-right, to "fly" the circular Flag in all its glory!

What should we have our circular Flag represent? A Pizza? A Cookie? A "Peace" Sign? A "Smiley Face"? the Moon" The Earth? A Baseball? A Hockey Puck? A World Cup Soccer Ball? A Mirrored "Disco" Ball? A Volkswagen Logo? The Upper OR Lower Half Of A Punctuation Colon? PERIOD?

I Hope This Helps!

HAPPY FLAG DAY, EVERYBODY !!!

Robin Hickman
    "Your Friendly Neighborhood Flag Man"
    Eugene, Oregon, USA.
    …..