Theft of an American Flag

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Flag Discussion' started by DanH, Aug 3, 2007.

1. DanH

DanH Guest

Hello there,

I am a new member, stumbled into the site while looking for a way to properly dispose of a flag. Recently in the town that I live in, several flags were stolen. The traveling Vietnam memmorial came thru town and flags were setup all around it. Some of these were stolen and as far as I know no one was caught. Is there a law against that other then the typical laws against theft?

Then during about the same week a Mother had been flying a flag for her son everyday since he left for Iraq had her flag stolen as well. A local group of PoW MiA is getting togather the day her son returns to present her and him a new american flag.

My dad was in Vietnam and he has told me stories of how he and others that were sent were treated when he returned by some people. He is going to ride with PoW MiA to deliver the flag. Its very sad that they stole that Mothers flag but then again I can imagine how she and her son will feel when my dad and about 39 other people show up on bikes to present her with a new one. Somthing Vietnam vets are now just starting to feel now that some of the gratitude has come back to them as well.

DanH