Three Flag Display

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by Army vet, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Army vet

Army vet New Member

Hi all! I got a question. I want to hang my American Flag, Texas Flag and US Army Flag from my 30' Flagpole. What would the spacing be from each flag. As a new army veteran I want to show off my pride for my country, state and the US Army if possible without violating any federal regulations or laws. I got new rope new hooks, and 3 flags each 3.5x5 . Thanks

2. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Welcome, Army vet!

As a new army veteran I want to show off my pride for my country, state and the US Army if possible without violating any federal regulations or laws. As a new army veteran I want to show off my pride for my country, state and the US Army if possible without violating any federal regulations or laws.

I don't know of any hard-and-fast rule about spacing -- this is in the "whatever looks good" category. I'd suggest 12 to 18 inches between the flags. That should give good visual separation and also keep the flags high enough on the pole to fly well. (The latter can be a problem. I have 15-foot poles in front of my house. The house faces south and the prevailing wind is often from the north, which means that the house blocks the wind from the lower part of the pole.)