Urgent! 5 Flag Display

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by gpdrums, Apr 13, 2010.

1. gpdrums

gpdrums New Member

Hi! We need to display 5 flags as follows:
    1. US Flag
    2. Flag of another country
    3. State flag
    4. Our company flag
    5. Foreign company flag

Appreciate your help.

2. gpdrums

gpdrums New Member

I should add we will have 5 poles but I'm not certain how many of each height. I was thinking 8' for national flags and 7' for state and company flags. All flags are 4 x 6; hence 6' poles not an option and 9' poles are too tall.

3. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hello, gpdrums ! :D

Welcome to the USA-Flag-Site Forums !

I don't know if I'll be able to help but I'll do my best!

QUOTE : "Hi! We need to display 5 flags as follows:
    1. US Flag
    2. Flag of another country
    3. State flag
    4. Our company flag
    5. Foreign company flag"
    I believe that you have listed all five in the "correct" order of presedence. If they are all in a row, then as the viewers would see them (from left-to-right) the U.S. Flag would be on the far left (its own right) with flags #2-#5 being in order to the viewers' right.

QUOTE : "I should add we will have 5 poles but I'm not certain how many of each height. I was thinking 8' for national flags and 7' for state and company flags. All flags are 4 x 6; hence 6' poles not an option and 9' poles are too tall."

Using different sized poles can be a bit "problematic". The U.S. Flag Code calls for the U.S. Flag to be at an equal height when shown together with the Flags of other nations. If ALL the flagpoles are the same height, then my advice given above still holds.

If different sized flagpoles are used, then the U.S. & Foreign Flags must be displayed at an equal height on the tallest poles (with the U.S. Flag at its own right - viewers' left), and in the "middle" of the display.

I am NOT sure how the other three flags should be displayed, but I think that the state flag would take precedence over the two company flags.

Perhaps, rather than "centering" the two national flags, it might be easier just to line them up as I advised earlier (above).

Hopefully, others with more experience in this area of flag-posting with jump in and correct me if I'm wrong!

Whichever way it goes, GOOD LUCK !!! :D

Thank You for bringing your flag-related question to our Forums !!!

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

4. gpdrums

gpdrums New Member

Hi Robin,

I appreciate your input. My instincts tell me left to right as you stated. I will have the US flag and the other country's flag on 8' poles. Next will be the state flag, our company flag, then the foreign company flag on 7' poles.

Thanks!

GP

5. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hi, GPDrums ! :D

You're Welcome !!!

I'm glad I could help! Good Luck with your event! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your event!

Please let us know how it went and be sure to take LOTS of pictures (so you can share a few of them with us) !!! :D :D :D

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA