US Flag part of a police patch

Discussion in 'US Flags on Uniforms and Clothing' started by bradford702, Jun 19, 2014.

1. bradford702

bradford702 New Member

We are currently designing a new patch for the police department. In the middle of the design is a large gold star. Behind the star is a US flag and a Texas flag. Both flag are partially covered by the star. The US flag will be on the viewers left on both shoulders. The union is on the viewers right. The flags are waving out, to the edges of the patch. Does the covered US flag violate....
    [h=4]§176. Respect for flag[/h] No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
    • (g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

I have looked at many different police patches over the Internet and see flags that are covered by various different items, I'm just not sure if this is technically correct. Also, is the orientation of the flag in violation since the union in on the viewers right?

2. bradford702

bradford702 New Member

I am currently working on providing a image to illustrate what I am referring to. My current image is too large to attach.