US Flag Patch for uniforms

Discussion in 'US Flags on Uniforms and Clothing' started by PatriotReal, Apr 25, 2014.

1. PatriotReal

PatriotReal New Member

Regardless of the color first:
    By design, The Backwards Flag Patch stands for the OPPOSITE of what America represents, LIFE, LIBERTY and Pursuit of Happiness. It is a ANTI-AMERICAN PATCH. Reverse American Flag patches/stickers represent the Opposite Symbolic Meaning!!

Be a real American and oppose this brainwashed atrocity that has many fooled by using the "blowing in the wind" story, save it for a real flag!! HONOR YOUR COUNTRY and preserve the high standards and morals we hold our country's flag to!

2. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

By design, The Backwards Flag Patch stands for the OPPOSITE of what America represents

You'll need to take up this discussion with the US Army. Their regulations specify that the flag is worn on the right sleeve, with the union facing forward.

3. Erich

Erich New Member

Funny
    I think he means, by design that would symbolize the opposite in theory and he's against degrading the flag that way regardless of who says what. He may have a bigger American heart, soul and mind than most people, may still have morals to live by, and notice this as something that is slowly taking away what America stands for and is trying to preserve the true meaning in all of it's glory while right under the eyes of the people from that country it get's treated like this. It does look wrong now that I think about it more and see it everywhere.

4. Erich

Erich New Member

Only in America will you be court marshaled for not displaying your country's flag backwards!!! TYPICAL AMERICA- Be a REAL AMERICAN and don't represent your country backwards while using a stiff wind story. Pathetic!! Do what's right and stop demoralizing your country, it's flag and the high moral values which we real, not brainwashed, Americans have held dear to our country for decades before backwards flag patch showed up. Don't be confused be AMERICAN.

5. Marebear_56

Marebear_56 New Member

It is what it is:

Department of the Army, Pamphlet 670–1, Uniform and Insignia, 31 March 2014
    Guide to the Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia

Wear of U.S. flag embroidered insignia. • 21–18, page 203:
    21–18. Wear of U.S. flag embroidered insignia.
    a. Description. The colors of the U.S. flag embroidered insignia (full color) are red, white, and blue. The size is approximately 2 inches by 3 inches.
    b. How worn.
    (1) The U.S. flag insignia (full color or subdued) is worn on the right shoulder pocket flap of utility uniforms and cold-weather jackets. The flag insignia is placed directly on top of the hook-and-loop-faced-pad already provided on
    the uniforms shoulder pocket flap. The subdued U.S. flag insignia is worn as directed by the commander under tactical field conditions.
    (2) The U.S. flag embroidered insignia is worn so that the star field faces forward, or to the flag’s own right. When worn in this manner, the flag is facing to the observer’s right and gives the effect of the flag flying in the breeze as the
    wearer moves forward. The appropriate replica for the right shoulder sleeve is identified as the reverse side flag (see fig 21–133).

6. Marebear_56

Marebear_56 New Member

After quoting the Army Pamphlet... I PERSONALLY will NOT wear a flag backward (to my mind). We have a lot of folks around here who do on the right shoulder, because the Army says so. I won't wear one my right shoulder at all to avoid controversy. I'm not active duty anymore and don't have to follow Army Rules I don't believe in. The only place I'll wear a flag patch is on the right side of my vest or centered on a T-shirt and it would have the stars on the left. PERIOD.

7. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

I PERSONALLY will NOT wear a flag backward (to my mind).

That's up to you, of course, but there is no rule that says a flag patch is "backward" if worn with the union forward. The flag code says that the union should be on the viewer's left when a flag is displayed against a wall, or in window, which follows the old heraldic convention. The code says nothing at all about the orientation of flag patches, or about painted or decal flags on vehicles, which are obviously different cases from static display. There is nothing wrong or unpatriotic about following the Army regs -- I'd say the opposite is true.