Use if Information on Site

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Comments' started by AtlanticBchBum, Feb 3, 2015.

1. AtlanticBchBum

AtlanticBchBum New Member

My name is Dennis L. Carpenter. I am a member of the Jacksonville Chapter, Florida Society, Sons of the American Revolution.

I am preparing a booklet for our organization to use as a free hand out at New Citizen Naturalization Ceremonies, dedications of new homes for Habitat For Humanity, and other events sponsored by our organization such as JROTC award ceremonies. The booklet will contain an explanation about our organization, the Pledge of Allegiance, the history and lyrics for the National Anthem, the Declaration of Independence, the Preamble of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, a history of our flag, and the U.S. Flag Code.

I am writing to ask permission to use some of the text contained on your website. Most notably the flag history and flag code. Of course attribution to your organization and website would be included. We could purchase a booklet made by the American Legion, but I am taking on this project to promote our organization. I have looked at several online sources for the information, but what you have on your site most closely matches what I had envisioned for the publication.

Best regards,

Dennis L. Carpenter

2. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

Hello Dennis -- welcome to the forum!

You're very welcome to whatever material from the forum might be useful, and we sure would appreciate the attribution. I have a couple of suggestions to make, and I'll send you a PM about that.

Peter Ansoff
    USA Flags Forum Admin