Veterans' Day Flags Display (Order Of Precedence)

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by Robin Hickman, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

GREETINGS !!! :D

I want to do a "complete" Flags display out in front of my house this Veterans' Day, Thursday, November 11th, 2010. By "complete", I mean to include all of the Armed Services Flags.

I don't know if I'll be able to get it completely done as I don't have all of the necessary Flags. Even the flags I do have are mis-matched in quality.

Anyway, I think I know (for the most part) the order of precedence, but you can correct me if I'm wrong (not that you need my permission to do so!).

1. United States Flag
    2. OREGON State Flag
    3. U.S. Army
    4. U.S. Marine Corps
    5. U.S. Navy
    6. U.S. Air Force
    7. U.S. Coast Guard
    8. POW*MIA

I also have a U.S. Merchant Marine flag but I don't know if or where it should be included. I realize that the U.S. Merchant Marine doesn't necessarily constitute an "armed force", as such. But I've met a few merchant marine sailors who served during WWII and sailed into "harms way", if you know what I mean... Should I include them and if so, where in the line?

Also, I'd like to include a "Betsy Ross" type Flag. Would that go between the current U.S. Flag (50 Stars) and the State of Oregon flag???

Like I said earlier, I don't know if I'll be able to "git 'er dun", but I'm sure going to try !!!

ANY ideas and/or observations are welcome !!! :D

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA

2. Stuff4Toys

Stuff4Toys Member