Victory Bunting 48 Star

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by Christopher, May 14, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher New Member

This is the other 48 I purchased as of late and would like for you to also see this one.
    $T2eC16JHJGkFFmt74TwDBRdzcfcJrw~~60_57.jpg $(KGrHqEOKo4FF)7KYl3PBRdzcIwTig~~60_57.jpg $T2eC16JHJGMFFpfi!d7!BRdzccIkfg~~60_57.jpg $T2eC16J,!)0E9s37F,pwBRdzcEz80!~~60_57.jpg

The flag has a bit of distress, but these things don't really concern me as flags were ment to be used and this one has deffinetly gotten used.:eek:
    The stars are as you can see printed on what is a really nice blue union and the stripes have maintained there beutiful colors as well.

Again please think outloud as you look at the photos, let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Christoper

2. csaanv

csaanv Member

Hi Christoper,
    If you study the stamp on the header closely you can see the word Dettra within the shield. That was the John C. Dettra flag company that made your flag, Victory was just one of their lines of cotton flags. I have a early Dettra catalog but they must have started making that line later. Maybe Nick can help us out and pin down a date for this flag. Unfortunately, Dettra was bought out by Annin recently.

3. Christopher

Christopher New Member

Thank you, I guess I didnt see that or know what I was looking for. I imagine it is 40's or 50's but not earlier.