Weird Spam

Discussion in 'Forum News and Announcements' started by Peter Ansoff, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Peter Ansoff

Peter Ansoff USA Flag Site Admin

As Admin, I am on the receiving end of emails that are sent via the "Contact Us" link down at the bottom of the screen. Most of them are from people who are having problems logging on, or have various sorts of questions about flags and such. Some, however, are a bit weird. I received one today that is in the latter category (quoted verbatim):

Intended Recipient, I recieved a letter from our White House President and wanted to Register it with your Office it was sent to me by Mail not E-Mail.If their is any way you can send me your E-Mail address so i can do so God Bless You All and have a great day.Sincerely [Name and address removed] Indianapolis Indiana

It's vaguely reminiscient of one of those Nigerian scam emails, but it's pretty difficult to figure out exactly what the author was trying to say. There must be easier ways to fish for somebody's email!

Peter Ansoff

2. NAVA1974

NAVA1974 Active Member

I recently received a phishing email supposedly from a bank in South Africa. :confused:

Obviously I don't have any bank accounts in South Africa but what was really scary what that it was composed in proper English! :p

If the Nigerians ever learn to to communicate in our language they may actually start fooling people.:eek:

Nick A