Welcome Home Heroes Banners

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Flag Discussion' started by Zene Genzlinger, May 26, 2017.

1. Zene Genzlinger

Zene Genzlinger New Member

I am looking for information on vintage Welcome Home Heroes Banners. I see some for sale and concerned if they are vintage

Zene Genzlinger

2. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

Hello, Zene Genzlinger, and welcome to our forums!

I am not sure what you might mean when you write VINTAGE "Welcome Home Heroes" banners. The oldest "Welcome Home Heroes" Flags/Banners (OR: "Welcome Home Our Heroes") I remember seeing are from the Gulf War era, dating back to late-1990 to early-1991, and shortly thereafter. That would make them about 25 years old now (May, 2017). Would that count as vintage?

If my memory is correct, most of the ones I've seen are American made, and most of those (but not all) were Flags (not banners). I don't remember seeing any "Welcome Home" types of Flags, Banners, or other materials (signs, placards, pins, buttons, etc.) for the Korean War or the Vietnam War. That doesn't mean that there aren't any, it just means that I have not seen any. So, other than World War 1 or World War 2 era "Welcome Home" types of Flags/Banners, the Gulf War materials are "it".

I just went on eBay and searched for "Welcome Home Heroes" and then "Welcome Home Our Heroes". Not too much there, I'm afraid. I'll post a link to the search results for "Welcome Home Our Heroes", as those results seemed to be more pertinent to your inquiry.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=%22Welcome+Home+Heroes%22&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X%22Welcome+Home+Our+Heroes%22.TRS0&_nkw=%22Welcome+Home+Our+Heroes%22&_sacat=0

BTW : I've done business with one of the vendors listed "GarretsFBody". He has an Annin "Welcome Home Our Heroes" 3'x5' Nylon Flag listed. Judging from the Flag's included paperwork (FMAA - Established in 2003), the Flag is NOT older than 2003! But at only $11.20 (w/FREE Shipping) it is a GREAT value! That Flag (and matching banner) listed on page 12 of Annin's 2014 Dealers Catalog for $29.30.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAST-ONE-3x5-OD-NYLON-Flag-Quality-Made-in-USA-WELCOME-HOME-OUR-HEROES-/112124461763?hash=item1a1b2382c3:g:6HUAAOSwgmJXzzhw

I don't know if any of my response will help you, or not. I hope it does. Either way, if there is any additional information that you want/need, please ask. If you can be a little more specific about what it is that you're looking for, that will really help us focus on finding the right answers!

Thank You!

Robin Hickman
    "Your Friendly Neighborhood Flag Man"
    Eugene, Oregon, USA.