What is my flag worth?

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by nathan2471, May 23, 2010.

1. nathan2471

nathan2471 New Member

Hi guys
    am new to the forum and posting from the UK.

I am a serving member of the Royal Navy and have recently returned from a tour of Afghanistan.

Whilst on tour I conducted a lot of work with the NCIS. At the end of my tour the Special Agents all paraded in my bosses office and presented me with a US flag and certificate. The certificate is signed by the 2 leading Special Agents based at Camp Leatherneck. The flag was flown above the NCIS office Afghanistan on my behalf ( states this on the certificate )

During the presentation the Lead Agent explained that in the entire history of the NCIS they have never presented a flag to anyone apart from the family of the brave Agents killed in the line of duty. So this is a one off that had to be approved the the director of the NCIS.

It sits in a frame above my fireplace and is a main talking point of people visiting.

Due to the fact this is a one off flag presented by the NCIS i wondered what it should be insured for if it ever got damaged.

Thanks for reading

2. nathan2471

nathan2471 New Member

3. csaanv

csaanv Member

Wow! What a honor. I would love to see it. It would be hard to put a dollar amount on something like that which has much more personal value than market value. Thank you for your service.

4. Scooby

Scooby New Member

Good ideas man