Where Can I Buy Historic U.S. Mini Flags ?

Discussion in 'Flag Identification and Collecting' started by rjo123x35, Jul 24, 2012.

1. rjo123x35

rjo123x35 Member

Does anybody know of any web sites or stores that sell rarer historic US mini flags 4"x6" other than CRW Flags? interested in the White Plains flag among others.
  2. crw

crw New Member

Actually, CRW Flags has the White Plains flag. There are many that aren't on the website... yet.

3. rjo123x35

rjo123x35 Member

Rick, that's great to hear, thanks. I'll be checking soon.
  4. rjo123x35

rjo123x35 Member

I wanted to add to my original post. I didnt intend to infer that I had a problem with CRW Flags[. Ive always been satisfied with any orders I placed with them. I just was looking for a certain size flags that I thought they didnt stock
  5. coasterville

coasterville Member

None taken, I saw your post in the other forum before I saw this one and thought you were excluding them for a reason. When I get back home, there are a couple things I want from them. Be more expensive for me as I like 3'x5' for display purposes.

You say their mini flags are better than most? I have the Annin UN flag mini set (193 some odd pieces) and thought it was good. Can you compare to their flags? Also have their flags of our country desk set, that I use at work as a desk set. A nice conversation piece.
  6. rjo123x35

rjo123x35 Member

I don't know. Ive never got anything from Annin. One of the companies I bought a few mini flags were made of rayon which i didnt really like.
  7. coasterville

coasterville Member

Well, my order is placed with CRW. Wow, what an extensive collection of flags and accessories. I'd love to spend an hour or so just looking through their store. They use mainly stock graphics in their website, to see many of those flags first and would be cool.

Then again, if it's like my local flag shop, just the most commonly bought flags are on display. The rest are sitting on shelves in row after row of cardboard boxes. Mind you the friendly guy that runs it is glad to take any flag out of its box to show it to you, it's not the same as self exploration.

I wish CRW had online ordering, but I'm the interest of providing a high level of customer service they insist on phone orders.

I'm getting the eastern band of Cherokee nation flag I mentioned in another flag, as well as a Calvary guidon that interested me Of course now if the people that run that shop are members here, they know who I am, as that combination can't be too common.

I like how the quote with shipping was less than the prices in the website without.
  8. rjo123x35

rjo123x35 Member

The Calvary Guidon is another flag that Im looking for in 4"x6" mini size. Have you ordered from other flag websites?
  9. coasterville

coasterville Member

I checked my usual sources and none have the Calvary Guidin in desk flag size.

Besides CRW, I usually frequent Flags Georgia unflags.com I believe, or anyflag.com. CVS flags (not related to the drug store) are the stores I have used, as well as eBay and the local bricks and mortar flag store.
  10. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

I'm glad someone finally mentioned eBay as a possible source.....

Robin Hickman
    Eugene, Oregon, USA
    Robin Hickman | Facebook
  11. rjo123x35

rjo123x35 Member

eBay is a no-brainer. I was hoping somebody new of a place that specialized in rarer mini flags.
  12. coasterville

coasterville Member

Wow!!! CRW Flags is incredibly fast. I ordered late Monday, they called me back Tuesday to clarify, and the package arrived today!!!

Now only that, the flags are high quality.

Anyway: You may recall I ordered:
    Flag of The Eastern Band of the Cherokee Nation. by Coasterville, on Flickr
    3'x5' Nylon Flag of the Eastern Band of the Cherokee Nation.

And a:
    Calvary Guidon by Coasterville, on Flickr
    Roughly 3'x5' Nylon Calvary Guidon. (Design is all printed)

So, you can see it wasn't exactly an order of commonly ordered flags.