Which way should flag be placed on vehicle

Discussion in 'US Flag Display' started by EmailPoster, Jun 6, 2006.

1. EmailPoster

EmailPoster New Member

I would very much know why it is the Flag should always be on the
    right

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2006
  2. jproffitt10

jproffitt10 Guest

Deborah,

According to the United States Flag Code, section 3(b) "The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motor car, the staff should be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender."

On the Presiden't limo and other high-level U.S. officals' vehicles you will always see the U.S. flag on the right front fender on a small staff, however as you can see by rule 3(b), it can be virtually anywhere on the vehicle so long as it is not draped, dragging, etcetera. Many law enforcment vehicles display U.S. flag stickers on their vehicles and in many different positions--some correct, some not.

3. Team America

Team America Guest

I was going to say something ugly just because I live in Houston Texas and Americanism takes a back seat to Mexicanism.

4. coplay

coplay Guest

A flag sticker can be displayed in any window or surface as long as the field of blue and white are on it's right or precieved to be flowing head on in the direction of the wind.

Leonard