Yorkshitre Day

Discussion in 'Other Flags' started by Union Jack, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Union Jack

Union Jack Member

Yorkshire Day today. Eee ba gum my Yorkshire flag is gently fluttering on a balmy French breeze.

2. Robin Hickman

Robin Hickman Well-Known Member

3. Union Jack

Union Jack Member

I apologise Robin for being so tardy in my reply. In answer to your question I flew both the Yorkshire flag of white rose on blue background and because I spent my youth in Leeds I also flew the West Riding /West Yorkshire flag.

UJ

4. Robin Hickman

NO problem!

Since there was no picture included in your original post, went to go see what a Yorkshire Flag looked like. Wikipedia showed a number of different examples (including one that looked remarkably like the city Flag of Portland, Oregon (USA). So..... I had to ask!

Thank you!

Robin

5. Union Jack

Union Jack Member

As I still don't know how to insert photos on these posts I can describe the official Yorkshitre flag. It is a centred White Rose on a blue background. The West Yorkshire/West Riding flag is a Scandinavian Cross of red on a white background with the white rose on a flaming sun. I think the Scandinavian influence must have come about when the Vikings rampaged and pillaged Yorkshire. I know there are many plac names that trace their heritage to the dreaded Vikings.

UJ

6. Robin Hickman

I haven't yet learned how to easily upload a photo or file directly from my computer because the software of this website always asks for the file's URL.

If the photo I want to post is on a website, then it isn't much of a problem. BUT... if it's on my computer, the only way I've been able to figure out is to FIRST post it on my Facebook page, THEN use that URL to post it here. I suppose if I have an account at one of the on-line photo storage websites (like "photo bucket") I could do it that way much easier.

The "other" way I found that works is to find a photo on my computer (Win10) is to open the photo with the photo software that came installed on my computer, click on the "share" button, select "copy" from the sub-menu, then select a spot the page here where I want the photo to appear and "paste" it here. The photo below is from a July 4th, 2017 TV News (KMTR) Interview at my house.

38_star_mastai_circMini.jpg

I hope that helps... at least a little!

Robin

7. Robin Hickman

The "other" way is to click "reply" to a thread and when the entry page opens, go to the bottom RIGHT-hand corner of the page and select the "Upload A File" button. That should open up another window that should give you access to the files/photos on your computer. In that window, navigate your way to the photo you want to post. That photo will usually (I think) show up as a thumbnail pic in the lower LEFT-hand corner of the page. If you click on the "Full Image" button down there, the photo will be inserted into your reply page, kind of like BELOW. Otherwise, I think the thumbnail pic will just show up down in its corner when you post your reply entry. I'm NOT sure how to successfully indicate WHERE you want the "full size" photo to be located on the page. So far, the best I've managed to do is to use my cursor and then try to manipulate its location with the "backspace", "delete", and "Enter" keys on my keyboard. I'm sure that there is a MUCH easier way to do it, but that's the only way I've successfully found!

us-39int.gif

So, let's see how THIS reply is posted!

Robin

8. Robin Hickman

Small thumbnail pic in the lower Left-hand corner this time!

Robin

[ EDIT : The thumbnail is showing (on the left end) in the "Attached Files" light-blue band across the bottom of this reply entry. ]

Attached Files:

9. Union Jack

Union Jack Member

Thanks Robin I'll give it a go but I'm not going to hold my breath. I only possess a tablet so I might be struggling a bit.

UJ